Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New Austin Store--TRIPP

I came across some guerrilla marketing today for the new store TRIPP and decided I should enlighten TXOJ readers about the cool new graphic t-shit place--don't fret though, when I say "graphic t-shit" I do NOT mean those laughable/owned by overly tanned-guido-haired-Texas Staters, a.k.a. Affliction T's. Those are just plain embarrassing, and if you're a reader of this blog and own one of those... you've been warned. Oh, and don't think Ed Hardy is excluded in that circle of holey-inappropriateness. 

Anyways, TRIPP specializes in shirts/hoodies/dresses with actual screen printing of rock bands, various images, your own designs, ect. It's a great concept and fits in well with Austin's vibe. I met the owner before the store opened a few weeks back and he is quite the kool kat, especially since he eliminated one of my list of things to do before I graduate-- closing down that annoying store Flirt!

Ugh, that store and that dumb tagline they used "Flirt... because you can!!"

Seriously? How about using something we like to use in advertising called the truth. If Flirt were wise they would have chosen my tagline, "Flirt... because you want a free drink!!" Had they been more truthful with their slutty shirt intentions then maybe they would still be in business. Perhaps they would have then hired me to work on their POP displays as well. I would have kept with the truth theme, real slutty shirts would hang under the "Top Shelf" display and modest shirts would be hung under the "luke warm beer cans" display. Just saying, when you let customers see the benefit in buying your product...you have loyal customers for a life time!

I hope TRIPP considers such ideas and best of luck to them! Go check them out in Flirt's old store above Quizno's off of 24th.

No comments:

Post a Comment